Your Brand Lives in Your Words.
Every single piece of content that your audience reads plays a role in their understanding and appreciation of what you do and who you are.
It can be a lot of pressure – especially if you’re trying to spin your thoughts into gold all alone. Applying the tips and guidance from this interview with writer Adrianne Munkacsy will help you write more confidently and free you up to communicate in a way that suits your own personality and style.
I’m really excited to share this interview with you! It’s under 32 minutes (which, as always, was almost impossible!) and covers lots of burning questions that I often hear about copywriting.
You can use the outline below to jump to key areas in the conversation.
Here’s what we cover:
- The benefits and cautions of DIY in writing for your brand. (3:28)
- Whether or not you have to write, even if you don’t love it. (5:47)
- An amazing approach to make your messages more believable and relevant (I loved this part!) (10:53) & the #1 mistake people make on their websites (16:40)
- How to find your natural writing voice, with a practical exercise she has her clients do. (17:21)
- How to get the most out of working with a writer (and what to do if you’re not ready). (24:51)
- One important action you can take right now to improve the performance of your website content. (In truth there are about 3 of them in here!) (29:04)
Some tweet-ready takeaways:
We’d love to hear in the comments below: what words would you use to describe your own writing style? What has helped you tune-in to your natural voice?